What is a facelift without scars?
A facelift without scars is the same as a lipofilling of the face. We treat mainly the central part (between the eyes and the mouth).
- Improvement at both the recipient site and the site from where the fat is harvested.
- The fat surviving the transplant is permanent.
- A completely natural material.
- Day surgery, minimal discomfort and a short recovery.
- Minimally invasive, with a low risk of complications.
- Small scars at the donor site and no additional scars at the recipient site.
- Improves the quality of the overlying skin.
- The patient must have enough fat available for grafting.
How does a facelift without scars work?
A youthful look depends on having the right amount of facial fat in the right places. Redistribution, accumulation and atrophy of fat lead to facial volume loss. Today we are able to restore the fat that has disappeared by means of lipofilling.
The goal should be:
- As much symmetry as possible
- Smooth convex contours
- Homogeneous skin tone and texture
Lipofilling of the face that is performed by an experienced person can realize these three goals.
What can a facelift without scars do for you?
Lipofilling can help to augment and restore the volume of your face. If you do this step by step, your face can slowly become younger instead of older without people around you noticing. The healing after small fat injections happens that fast that you can be back at work within one week after the treatment.
It has also been shown that fat grafts have a beneficial, rejuvenating effect on ageing or damaged skin. Cells within the fat grafts are capable of “repairing” damaged tissue and they are presumed to stimulate the skin cells to produce substances that improve skin elasticity and deposition of essential structural proteins.
Who is a good candidate for a facelift without scars?
- If you do not mind getting older but you would like to keep your good looks without everyone knowing that you had ‘something done’, a facelift without scars is a good option for you. You can do it in yearly steps, so your face looks a bit younger each year instead of older.
- You should have enough fat available to fill up the deficit.